The world championships are always in Denmark, but everybody is invited, and sometimes we have guests from other countries. This year there was 2 from Belgium to play with 282 from Denmark and 1 from Faroe Islands.
We had a very good day, in spite it started with an accident on the highway, where I got stuck with all the papers for the championships. We were 1 hour late, and decided that we would let everything be 1 hour late all day. In that way all our time schedules worked, but +1 hour.
Everybody played 1 round on the each of the 4 courses, and then we counted strokes for women and men and found the winners in stroke play.
1) Dorte Haumann, Øster Lindet - 108 strokes.
2) Sussi Hundebøll, Fredericia (DKK) - 111 strokes.
3) Else Christiansen, Seest (SBK) - 114 strokes.
1) Martin Hundebøll Andersen, Ølgod (Snigskytterne) - 111 strokes.
2) Søren Lyngdal H. Christensen, Haderslev (Akademisk Kugleklub) - 112 strokes.
3) Ib Jespersen, Kolding (KØK) - 115 strokes (best 27).
4) Mads Olesen Müller, Vejen (KØK) - 115 strokes (best 28).
The 36 best women and the 36 best men played semifinals and the 6 winners of the semifinals played finals.
1) Susanne Boesen, Ejby - 32 strokes.
2) Jette Nielsen, Bevtoft - 33 strokes (rematch).
3) Anna Steensbeck, Tirslund - 33 strokes (rematch).
4) Winnie Christensen, Hårby - 34 strokes.
5) Gitte Jessen, Toftlund (Tirslund) - 36 strokes.
6) Jenny Johansen, Brenderup (Ejby) - 37 strokes.
1) Hans Johnsen, Vamdrup (KØK) - 28 strokes.
2) Mads Madsen, Kolding (KØK) - 30 strokes.
3) Søren Lyngdal H. Christensen, Haderslev (Akademisk) - 31 strokes.
4) Torben Steensbeck, Tirslund - 33 strokes.
5) Per Schmidt, Fredericia (Baskerne) - 35 strokes.
6) Willy Jørgensen, Skydebjerg - 36 strokes.
Afterwards we had something to eat and honoring of the winners.
See pictures at the Danish site, results here and the World Cup and World Ranking lists you can find here.