World Championships in Øster Lindet, Denmark with players from Finland, Belgium, Cuba and Faroe Islands.
August 27. we played about the Word Championships in Krolf. It was again in Denmark in a small town called Øster Lindet, and it was arranged by the local Krolf club.
Despite Corona 229 players found their way to the championships, including 6 from Finland, 7 from Belgium, 1 from Cuba and 1 from Faroe Islands. The rest was from Denmark.
The Finnish national team: Katja, Reijo, Veijo, Sirpa, Joni and Timo
National teams from Belgium and Cuba: Roland G, Roland M, Yurka (Cuba), John, Presilla, Femke, Davy and Diane.
We played 4 rounds on 4 different courses, and strokeplay was won by 3 guys from Fredericia. No. 1 Henning J. Thomsen, Fredericia (DKK), nr. 2 Poul Knudsen, Fredericia (ViGo'e) and no 3 Anders Hundebøll, Fredericia (DKK).
Poul, Henning and Anders
Best woman was Ruth Hundebøll, Ribe (Snigskytterne) - 110 strokes, Mette Pickering, Christiansfeld - 114 strokes and Birthe Clausen, Seest (SBK) - 115 strokes.
Kate Heiby was standin for Mette, Lis Hundebøll was standin for Ruth Hundebøll and Birthe just her self.
The best non-Dane ladies was
1) Diane Degens, Beringen (De Hemelbrug) Belgium - 134 strokes.
2) Femke Vrancken, Hasselt (De Hemelbrug) Belgium - 139 strokes.
3) Yurka Ortega, Heusden (De Hemelbrug) Cuba - 143 strokes.
1) Reijo Leppänen, Saarijärvi (Linjala) Finland - 118 strokes.
2) John Vaes, Beringen (De Hemelbrug) Belgium - 120 sstrokes.
3) Suni Olsen Gaard, Lundsmark Faroe Islands - 121 slag - best round 27.
4) Roland Morren, Heusden (De Hemelbrug) Belgium - 121 strokes - best round 28.
--- o 0 O 0 o ---
The 36 best ladies and gentlemen played about the matchgame championship.
The 3 best ladies were:
1) Vinny Sørensen, Ødis Bramdrup (Madholdet) - 33 strokes.
2) Louise Boesen, Ejby - 35 strokes.
3) Krista Hansen, Skodborg (Kongeå) - 35 strokes.
Louise, Vinny, Krista, Tove, Kis og Birta
And the 3 best gentlemen:
1) Per Schmidt, Fredericia (Baskerne) - 28 strokes.
2) Nicolaj Lundberg Aaskoven, Odense (Mjølner) - 31 strokes.
3) Peter L. Christensen, Ødis Kroge (KØK) - 33 strokes.
Nicolaj, Per, Peter C, Anders, Kurt og Peter K.
We improvised a foreigner final with 6 players, and to add some color to this final, we chose to take the best player of each gender from each country, which coincidentally resulted in 3 ladies and 3 men. They then played everyone against everyone, but they got prizes as ladies and gentlemen.
1) John Vaes, Beringen (De Hemelbrug) Belgium - 29 strokes, which would have been enough for 2nd place in the men's WC final.
2) Reijo Leppänen, Saarijärvi (Linjala) Finland - 32 strokes, which would have been enough for 3rd place in the men's WC final.
3) Diane Degens, Beringen (De Hemelbrug) Belgium - 35 strokes, which would have been enough for a rematch for 2nd place in the women's WC final.
4) Katja Hiironen, Saarijärvi (Linjala) Finland - 38 strokes.
5) Yurka Ortega, Heusden (De Hemelbrug) Cuba - 40 strokes (she lives in Belgium).
5) Suni Olsen Gaard, Lundsmark Faroe Islands - 40 strokes (he lives in Denmark).
Katja, Diane og Yurka
Reijo, John og Suni
There are more pictures (and text in Danish) at this page: https://www.krolf.dk/dku/arkiv-sp-1072835566/staevner-sp-657430499/staevner-2022/vm-2022
Here you see the results sorted on strokes.
1-36 played about their number. 1-6 in the final, no 2 in the semifinale got no 7, no 3 got no 13, no 4 got no 19, no 5 got no 25 and no 6 got no 31. The rest not the number in strokeplay, but only inside their sex.
Here you will see the results sortes alfabetically on first name. You will see which no. the player was in match game (Kamp) and stroke play (Slag) and the points scored for the World Cup and World Ranking list.