The world championships are always in Denmark, but everybody is invited, and sometimes we have guests from other countries. This year there was 2 from Belgium to play with 282 from Denmark and 1 from Faroe Islands.
We had a very good day, in spite it started with an accident on the highway, where I got stuck with all the papers for the championships. We were 1 hour late, and decided that we would let everything be 1 hour late all day. In that way all our time schedules worked, but +1 hour.
Everybody played 1 round on the each of the 4 courses, and then we counted strokes for women and men and found the winners in stroke play.
1) Dorte Haumann, Øster Lindet - 108 strokes.
2) Sussi Hundebøll, Fredericia (DKK) - 111 strokes.
3) Else Christiansen, Seest (SBK) - 114 strokes.
1) Martin Hundebøll Andersen, Ølgod (Snigskytterne) - 111 strokes.
2) Søren Lyngdal H. Christensen, Haderslev (Akademisk Kugleklub) - 112 strokes.
3) Ib Jespersen, Kolding (KØK) - 115 strokes (best 27).
4) Mads Olesen Müller, Vejen (KØK) - 115 strokes (best 28).
The 36 best women and the 36 best men played semifinals and the 6 winners of the semifinals played finals.
1) Susanne Boesen, Ejby - 32 strokes.
2) Jette Nielsen, Bevtoft - 33 strokes (rematch).
3) Anna Steensbeck, Tirslund - 33 strokes (rematch).
4) Winnie Christensen, Hårby - 34 strokes.
5) Gitte Jessen, Toftlund (Tirslund) - 36 strokes.
6) Jenny Johansen, Brenderup (Ejby) - 37 strokes.
1) Hans Johnsen, Vamdrup (KØK) - 28 strokes.
2) Mads Madsen, Kolding (KØK) - 30 strokes.
3) Søren Lyngdal H. Christensen, Haderslev (Akademisk) - 31 strokes.
4) Torben Steensbeck, Tirslund - 33 strokes.
5) Per Schmidt, Fredericia (Baskerne) - 35 strokes.
6) Willy Jørgensen, Skydebjerg - 36 strokes.
Afterwards we had something to eat and honoring of the winners.